Re: [Chicken-users] Requesting subversion access

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Requesting subversion access
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 12:24:52 +0000

Hi Tim,

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 14:58:29 +0200 Tim van der Linden <address@hidden> wrote:

> I finished up an early version of my egg and, as stated in the
> "releasing-your-egg" manual, I should ask somebody here for access to
> SVN so I can add it :)

We have a a special file (egg-locations) which contains a list of
"pointers" to the actual location of egg source repositories, and
editing that list is the only step which requires special permissions
(you only have to request it when releasing your egg for the first
time).

If the code repository for your egg is avaliable from a public server,
all you need to do is send the list the location and someone with admin
access will add it to the coop.  We'll take care of adding a pointer to
your egg as soon as you publish its location.

An svn account will probably still be useful, though, for
documentation.  We keep egg documentation in the wiki, which uses svn as
backend storage.  You can edit it with an anonymous account, which is
not recommended, since we have to keep one eye on anonymous edits to
check for wiki spam, and that means manual work.  So, it's recommended
that you create an svn account and use it to edit the wiki (just send me
the username you inted to use and the hash of your password -- it can be
generated with "openssl passwd -apr1").

Finally, before releasing your egg, make sure it gets approved by
salmonella (http://wiki.call-cc.org/egg/salmonella), the tool we use to
perform basic checks on eggs.  If you don't have it installed, it's just
a matter of running:

  $ chicken-install salmonella

To use it, you can:

  $ cd <egg source dir>
  $ salmonela

If salmonella doesn't indicate anything wrong, you are good.  If you see
any failure, you can see more details about it using the log viewer:

  $ salmonella-log-viewer salmonella.log

Once your egg gets added to the coop, it'll be daily tested by
salmonella (see http://tests.call-cc.org)

Best wishes.
Mario
--