Re: [Chicken-users] Building 32-bit chicken scheme on OS X

From: Daniel P. Wright
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Building 32-bit chicken scheme on OS X
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 13:12:07 +0900

Hello,

2013/7/16 Jim Ursetto <address@hidden>
I put the tarball here:
http://3e8.org/pub/chicken/stability-tmp/chicken-4.8.0.3-b39ebad.tar.gz

Thanks!

On Jul 15, 2013, at 5:56 PM, Jim Ursetto <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> The culprit appears to be a bug in our use of sigsetjmp, which is actually already fixed in recent stability/4.8.0 (after 4.8.0.3) but is as yet unreleased.  I verified 32-bit builds now work on a 64-bit Mac.
>
> If anyone has a 32-bit Mac (for example, an original Core Duo) could you verify it works on your system as well?  You will need to build stability/4.8.0 from git, or I can make a tarball if you aren't set up to build from git.

My Mac is 64-bit, but for what it's worth I downloaded and built the tarball you put up, and I can confirm that it works in my case also -- the problems that led to my initial post have gone away.

I'll have a hunt around and see if I can find a 32-bit Mac to test on, but I'm afraid I don't have one to hand right now.

-Dani.