[Chicken-users] Big integers as statement parameters in sql-de-lite

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: [Chicken-users] Big integers as statement parameters in sql-de-lite
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 16:26:52 -0600

Hi, chickenists--

I am working on an application that stores data in a SQLite3 database,
and am currently using the sql-de-lite egg to interface with the DB. I
have a few fields that represent dates, and I have defined their
datatype as INTEGER.

However, when I attempt to execute a statement such as:

  INSERT INTO articles (node_id, title, created_dt) VALUES (?, ?, ?);

with one of these large integers bound to the third parameter, I get
an error because apparently the value is too large. The values in
question are obtained in the following manner:

  (time->seconds (date->time SRFI-19-DATE-OBJECT))

... so a typical result is a number like 1291678156, which is a bignum.

Is there a way I can use these numbers as numbers in sql-de-lite, or
do I have to convert them to something else?

--
Matt Gushee