Re: [Chicken-users] replacement for rlwrap on MS Windows, MinGW

From: Claude Marinier
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] replacement for rlwrap on MS Windows, MinGW
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 23:04:03 -0400

Using csi with parley works well on Linux (Debian Wheezy).

On MS Windows, Cygwin and MinGW are stepping on each other's toes. I have to clean-up the mess.

Time to re-visit the choice between Cygwin and MinGW. The concern some people have about the Cygwin DLL and the GPL does not affect me for now. If I publish, I will likely use a three clause BSD license which is compatible, right? The obvious technical reason to choose one over the other is POSIX support. Are there others?

Hum ... maybe I should stick with Linux. :-)