Re: [Chicken-users] new eggs

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] new eggs
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 16:49:30 +0000

Hi Andrei,

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:35:07 -0400 Andrei Barbu <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've got a bunch of eggs that are ready to go.
>
> image-processing - Lots of utilities for image processing: color space
> conversion, a scheme-based image format for binary, greyscale, and
> color images, logical and morphological operators, thresholding,
> histograms, connected components, chains, generalized distance
> transform, buffers for dealing with raw image pointers, and more.
>
>     https://github.com/abarbu/image-processing
>
> ffmpeg-video - High-level bindings to ffmpeg for decoding
> videos. This is meant as a library for computer vision not
> general-purpose video decoding, basically for treating videos as
> containers of images.
>
>     https://github.com/abarbu/ffmpeg-video
>
> matlab - Matlab bindings, they make Matlab almost bearable. Only
> supports marshaling matrices of doubles but it allows for
> executing arbitrary matlab code inlined with scheme code.
>
>     https://github.com/abarbu/matlab
>
> qobischeme-ui - A port of the Qobischeme UI. Provides convenient
> ways of defining commandline and GUI interfaces. GUIs are written
> directly in X.
>
>     https://github.com/abarbu/qobischeme-ui
>
> This code was written in collaboration with Jeffrey Mark Siskind and
> Siddharth Narayanaswamy.
>
> Could someone make these accessible via chicken-install? Thanks!

Wow!  Great stuff, Andrei.  Thanks!

I noticed image-processing fails here with

  Warning: reference to possibly unbound identifier `submatrix'

  Warning: reference to possibly unbound identifier `exact-round' in:
  Warning:    adjust
  Warning:    rgb->uv-hsv
  Warning:    rgb->cmyk

  Error: module unresolved: image-processing

Is it a known issue?

Since the other eggs depend on it, I thought it would be good to fix it
before publishing it.  If you want it to be published right away, just
let me know.

Best wishes.
Mario
--