Re: [Chicken-users] Any way to get the scsh-process egg working on Windo

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Any way to get the scsh-process egg working on Windows?
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 10:21:48 -0400

Omar Antolín Camarena scripsit:

> Do people have any advice on getting the run macro from scsh-process
> to work on windows (I guess the & macro would definitely be harder)
> with a minimum of hassle? Should I install cygwin? (And then building
> chicken, I guess, since the chicken in the cygwin package list is old:

I routinely build and use Chicken under Cygwin, and it works well.
Note that a default install of Cygwin doesn't give you gcc, so you have
to make sure you have installed it using Cygwin's setup program.

I haven't actually tried to use the scsh-process egg beyond running the
examples on the wiki, but they do work fine.

See <https://wiki.call-cc.org/running-csi-on-cygwin>.

> 3.4) Try to reimplement (the subset I need of the functionality of)
> run using only pipes?

That way lies agony.

--
How they ever reached any conclusion at all     <address@hidden>