Re: [Chicken-users] parley improvements

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] parley improvements
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 20:55:48 +0200

* Kristian Lein-Mathisen <address@hidden> [130808 18:23]:
> Hello Christian,
>
> Thanks for that, parley is really useful! I'm using parley for my everyday
> Chickening. I just have a small comment regarding regarding the prompt.
> When I do this:
>
> address@hidden ~]$ csi -q
> #;1> (begin
> >   ;; each line produce
> >   ;; a '>' mark
> >   (void))
> #;2>
> #;2> ^D
>
> Those '>' prompts are really quite handy. However, when I run csi from
> emacs as inferiour-scheme, it's not so useful because the '>' end up on the
> same line, and I don't care that there were multiple lines involved. In my
> emacs buffer, if I evaluate the same sexp as above, I just get this:
>
> #;1> > > > #;2>
>
> What I'd like to see is this:
>
> #;1>
> #;2>
>
> So how about an option to turn those '>' off, and perhaps place that
> newline before each prompt? Maybe there is something to fix this already in
> the docs, but I haven't found anything. This is my ~/.csirc:
>
> ;; -*- scheme -*-
> (use parley)
> (let ((old (current-input-port)))
>   (current-input-port (make-parley-port old)))

Can you please try HEAD from the bitbucket repo and see whether
this fixes your issue?

git clone https://bitbucket.org/ckeen/parley.git

With this code, parley does nothing clever with the prompt when we
have a "dumb" terminal, i.e. when stdin is not a tty.

Thanks,

Christian

--
In the world, there is nothing more submissive and weak than
water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong, nothing can