Re: [Chicken-users] Lowdown & sxml-serializer not working together

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Lowdown & sxml-serializer not working together
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 18:44:41 -0600

Hi, Moritz--

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Moritz Heidkamp
<address@hidden> wrote:

>   (use sxml-transforms)
>   (define some-data '(some #\d (#\a "ta")))
>   (SRV:send-reply (pre-post-order some-data) universal-conversion-rules))

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm now working on this.

> the deal with that name?) don't care much about the structure. Note that
> characters will not be entity escaped though, they are just passed
> through as-is.

That could be a problem, since I am outputting web pages ... I just
did an experiment where I inserted '&', '<', '>' . I note that lowdown
outputs the '&' and '<' in string form, whereas the '>' becomes #\>.
That seems like a peculiar inconsistency, but I suppose there's some
reason for it. Anyway, am I right in thinking that I can get escaped
characters by using something other than universal-conversion-rules?

--
Matt Gushee