Re: [Chicken-users] (no subject)

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:22:27 -0500

The doc is erroneous -- you have to add (use ports) after (use args).
Jim

On Aug 28, 2013, at 10:20 AM, Matthew Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:

Im playing with this egg example:  http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/args. It compiles fine, but when I run it with the -h flag I get this strange error:

                 Error: unbound variable: with-output-to-port

However if I load it from csi it works fine... and from csi i can clearly see that with-output-to-port exists. So I am thinking that in compiling it the reference is lost somehow.

From the documentation on unit ports: http://wiki.call-cc.org/man/4/Unit%20ports it says:

     This unit contains various extended port definitions. This unit is used by default, unless the program is compiled with the -explicit-use option.

I am not passing that option, or any option. Any idea on what is going on here?