Re: [Chicken-users] -no-parentheses-synonyms broken?

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] -no-parentheses-synonyms broken?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 02:08:43 -0600

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 1:39 AM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 01:17:40AM -0600, Matt Gushee wrote:

>> I hypothesize that filter expressions in the native sxpath syntax
>> don't work because they are delimited with []
>
> That makes absolutely no sense; the "native" sxpath surface syntax is
> unrelated to the textual path syntax; they're plain s-expressions, in
> which [] is disallowed in regular R5RS syntax.

I suppose you must be right. I was going by Example 18 at
http://modis.ispras.ru/Lizorkin/sxml-tutorial.html#hevea:sxpathlib ,
which is the only example I've found of a filter expression in the
native syntax (and I know there was a definite reason I didn't want to
use txpath -- I think it was because it doesn't handle namespace
prefixes). I was guessing that sxpath must introduce a syntax
modification so that [] would be specially processed. I don't know
enough about the nuts and bolts of Scheme to know if that is a
reasonable guess, but from what you say, maybe not. So perhaps the
example is wrong?

> That looks like a documentation malfunction; probably a copy/paste from
> the -keyword-style line.  I'll fix that along with the option handling.
> Thanks again for reporting these bugs!

You're welcome.

--
Matt Gushee