[Chicken-users] Cross compiling with Chicken

From: Răzvan Rotaru
Subject: [Chicken-users] Cross compiling with Chicken
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 18:52:47 +0300

Hi,

Is there a possibility to cross compile with chicken for another platform? If yes, how? My scenario is following:

I have a chicken app developed on a x86 system, and would like to compile it for another platform, say MIPS. Now, I don't have chicken on MIPS and I also don't want to port it. I would like to take advantage of the chicken compiler generating c code, and simply tell chicken to tell gcc to cross compile for MIPS. Any ideas if and how I can do that?

My intuition is that this should be possible by means of static linking with the chicken runtime, but then I'm not sure whether the chicken runtime needs to be ported as well or not.

Or, If can't escape porting chicken to MIPS, do you have any suggestion how I could do that.

Thank you,
Razvan