Re: [Chicken-users] 4.8.0.5 "compiled ... on" message not quite correct

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 4.8.0.5 "compiled ... on" message not quite correct
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 20:36:43 -0500

Matt,

Easiest way to fix this in the tarball is, prior to `make`:

echo "#define C_BUILD_TAG \"compiled $(date +%Y-%m-%d) on $(hostname)\"" >
buildtag.h

or

echo '#define C_BUILD_TAG ""' > buildtag.h

or whatever you want in that line.

You can't currently remove or truncate that file to get an empty buildtag; you
have to define C_BUILD_TAG to "".  The code could be updated to accept a
missing build tag (and/or to remove the resulting blank line); I can provide a
patch if you like.

Jim