Re: [Chicken-users] go routines for chicken

From: Daniel Leslie
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] go routines for chicken
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:25:42 -0800

At present, and to the best of my knowledge, there exists no similar capacity in Chicken which uses real operating system-level thread concurrency.

However, there are numerous eggs that will help with process-level concurrency:

http://wiki.call-cc.org/man/4/Unit%20posix
http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/scsh-process
http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/posix-shm
http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/termite

There's a few more, but their names elude me at the moment. Try asking on #chicken on irc.freenode.net

-Dan