Re: [Chicken-users] Problem: Chicken-install OpenSSL / rand.h

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problem: Chicken-install OpenSSL / rand.h
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 00:48:29 +0000

Hi,

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 01:25:34 +0100 address@hidden wrote:

>> I'm not sure I understand your question.
>>
>> If you are talking about setting CSC_OPTIONS at each chicken-install
>> invocation, that's usually not necessary.  If you really need to tweak
>> it, you can set it in your shell (maybe in a file read by the shell at
>> startup time).
>
> How could this work under Windows systems?
>
> chicken-install  deletes all files that were downloaded temporarily. I guess
> I have to build the source manually, then. Or find a way to include that
> rand.h into the Mingw/GCC.

Maybe I'm missing something, but you can just set the CSC_OPTIONS
environment variable to "-I/path/to/openssl/rand.h".

I don't remember the exact syntax (or mouse events), but I'm sure you
can find on the intertubes information about how to set environment
variables on Windows.

Best wishes.
Mario
--