Re: [Chicken-users] go routines for chicken

From: Jörg F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] go routines for chicken
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 22:22:46 +0100

Am 27.11.2013 20:32, schrieb Hugo Arregui:
On 27/11/13, address@hidden wrote:
On a sidenote:

It seems that there is an analgon to go routines on Erlang, which can be
accessed the LFE (Lisp Flavoured Erlang). However, that would require to
learn the entire Erlang VM ecosystem.
A Lisp Flavoured Erlang, what nice!.

Having implemented a language inspired by Erlang in LISP (Scheme that is) and in a byzantine fault tolerant way atop; I feel from skimming over the discussion that I more or less have seen those related problems in practice. However the code I wrote to cope with them is for sure not conforming to any pre-defined API.

Without making any promises (((and having already droped the page titled "walkthough" from this go chan's docs, thus given that "go" is about as great a search term as "scheme" makes pretty sure that I will not really be able to find it back again))): could I you please send me pointers to what is considered the canonical documentation of features and requirements a go-channel has to solve? ((I have only so much screen-reading time left per day because of my health. I'd rather just use it to "code ahead" instead of digging through stuff from the net.)) However for the same health issues I have a little too much spare time :-/ And as indicated: chances are that all I have to do is adapt some already tested code to fit the API as per spec.

let's try

/Jörg