Re: [Chicken-users] a strange observation

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] a strange observation
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 23:51:06 +0100

On Sun, Dec 01, 2013 at 11:36:53PM +0100, "Jörg F. Wittenberger" wrote:
> Just found this in the syslog file:
>
> Dec  1 16:41:47 peanut kernel: BUG: scheduling while atomic:
> askemos.bin/2320/0x00000001
>
> seems to confirm the "linux bug" problem + the connection the the
> chicken build executable.
>
> So: what on earth could trigger such a bug?

Looking around on the web, it seems this bug can be caused by a variety
of things, from faulty memory banks to bad drivers.  Perhaps it's a bug
in the drivers for the revision of these devices that you're running on.

Check your kernel log file just before or after the error message you
posted, it should include a call trace which may provide a better clue.

> >The very same code runs on 9 machines. (3 amd64, 6 ARM)  Two hang.
> >Always the same two.
> >Both Tonido plug's, that is ARM on Linux, Debian wheezy.

That just means it's most likely a hardware or device driver problem
specific to these devices.  I don't know the other devices that don't
have this problem.  If they're also Tonidos of a different revisions,
it may be worth seeing how these differ.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://www.more-magic.net