[Chicken-users] Nevermind--Re: Problem with read-line

From: Dan Wilckens
Subject: [Chicken-users] Nevermind--Re: Problem with read-line
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 17:50:43 -0500

On 12/4/2013 7:01 PM, Dan Wilckens wrote:
Hi,

I built Chicken 4.8.0.5 from source on the mingw-msys platform (under windows vista). After attempting to port and debug a program I wrote originally for Gambit scheme it seems that I've run into an issue with the read-line command. Specifically, if I type

(display read-line)

in the interpreter it prints #<procedure... ># as you would expect. But if I write the exact same command into a blank file, Test.scm, and compile it with gsc, running it only prints:

Error: unbound variable: read-line

I really can't figure this out if it's anything other than a bug. FWIW I chicken-installed sfri-34. I think the other two extensions I use (sfri-69 and irregex) were already installed. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Dan
Apparently I had to (require-extension extras) since those functions are not included in csc by default as the are in csi. I didn't catch that at first in the documentation. It's a little bit confusing though to have it work in csi but not csc. Sorry for any effort you might have expended...
Dan