Re: [Chicken-users] Wiki design

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Wiki design
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:28:53 +0100

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 09:17:48AM +1300, Evan Hanson wrote:
> On 2013-12-19  8:49, Evan Hanson wrote:
> > On 19/12/13 08:41, Peter Bex wrote:
> > > Finally, the matching paren highlighting thing in the source snippet
> > > goes haywire when I hover over some code: it overlines everything
> > > here.  I guess the text height is slightly different from the
> > > surrounding spans or something like that.
> >
> > I have also noticed this, but it was always in a Firefox that's fairly
> > well-stocked with RequestPolicy/NoScript-type addons, so I always
> > chalked it up those. However, I notice now that even when disabling all
> > of these it still happens. Firefox only here; it doesn't happen in
> > Chromium or Opera.
>
> I should have clarified: this currently happens on the actual wiki for
> me, as well.

What's your resolution?  I'm also using Firefox (Iceweasel) with
NoScript on my iBook, at a resolution of 1024x768 (don't laugh, please)
and I *don't* get any overlaps on the live wiki.  The search boxes are
neatly inside the white "main part" of the page, below the menu tabs
which protrude above the main box.

Cheers,
Peter
--