Re: [Chicken-users] Problems with the "dollar" egg.

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problems with the "dollar" egg.
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 21:02:42 +0100

On 2 March 2014 18:27, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:

Chicken is primarily a compiled Scheme: the interpreter is slow
and inefficient, and provided mostly for testing, debugging, and
simple scripting.  If you are interested in interpreter-based Schemes
exclusively, I recommend Chibi Scheme.

Chibi is clearly for embedding... I don't know... and it doesn't seem to have a module collection or documentation comparable to Chicken.

I just tried Chibi, but even with (chibi repl) I think its REPL is not as good as CSI with GNU Readline. I guess that in my ideal world I would like to play with a mature Scheme with many modules, that can be compiled, has FFI, a nice interpreter, and plans to support R7RS... So, I guess that what I want doesn't exist.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.