Re: [Chicken-users] Problems with the "dollar" egg.

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problems with the "dollar" egg.
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 15:15:19 -0500

Daniel Carrera scripsit:

> I just tried Chibi, but even with (chibi repl) I think its REPL is
> not as good as CSI with GNU Readline. I guess that in my ideal world I
> would like to play with a mature Scheme with many modules, that can be
> compiled, has FFI, a nice interpreter, and plans to support R7RS... So,
> I guess that what I want doesn't exist.

Racket is probably your best bet in that case.  It doesn't have an AOT
compiler like Chicken's, but its JIT compiler is decent.  Plenty of
modules, FFI, excellent interpreter and debugging tools.  I don't know
what their R7RS story will be yet.

--
Newbies always ask:                             John Cowan
  "Elements or attributes?                      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan