Re: [Chicken-users] Why is it called "Chicken"?

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Why is it called "Chicken"?
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 15:42:18 +0100

Hi Daniel,

There's an interview with Felix that might answer your question:

One last question: What inspired the names CHICKEN and SPOCK? Do they mean anything, aside from the bird and the well-known Star Trek character?

That question always comes up, sooner or later. ;-)

I had a plastic toy of Feathers McGraw on my desk, the evil penguin (disguised as a chicken!) from the Wallace and Gromit movie, “The Wrong Trousers.” Looking for a preliminary working title for the compiler, I used the first thing that came to my mind that day. I’m somewhat superstitious about names for software projects, and things were progressing well, so I didn’t dare to change the name.

K.