[Chicken-users] Module naming conventions in R7RS

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: [Chicken-users] Module naming conventions in R7RS
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 17:06:41 +0100

Hello,

The R7RS-small spec does not seem to suggest a naming convention for modules. It merely says that <module name> is a list of identifies. I take that to mean that the following are equally valid:

(import (srfi/17))
(import (srfi 17))
(import (srfi schemers org 17))
(import (org schemers srfi 17))

I suppose that it is better to under-specify than over-specify, but I was wondering if there is a de-facto convention that everyone knows and I missed. The only guidance I found is that Chibi Scheme turns (foo bar biz) into "foo/bar/biz.sld". From that, I think the most logical conventions are:

(import (srfi 17))
(import (org schemers srfi 17))

Has Chicken decided how it wants to name modules?

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.