Re: [Chicken-users] Module naming conventions in R7RS

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Module naming conventions in R7RS
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 13:50:51 -0500

Daniel Carrera scripsit:

> The R7RS-small spec does not seem to suggest a naming convention for
> modules. It merely says that <module name> is a list of identifies.

Identifiers and numbers, yes.

> I take that to mean that the following are equally valid:
>
> (import (srfi/17))
> (import (srfi 17))
> (import (srfi schemers org 17))
> (import (org schemers srfi 17))

Indeed, they are all equally valid.  However, R7RS-small says that lists
of the form (srfi ...) are reserved for SRFIs; the intention was that
SRFI 17 be named (srfi 17).

R6RS did not permit numbers, and so the convention in R6RS implementations
is to use (srfi :17).  Of course, an implementation may trivially support both.

--
Dream projects long deferred             John Cowan <address@hidden>
usually bite the wax tadpole.            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan