[Chicken-users] ANN: coq-au-vin version 0.3

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: [Chicken-users] ANN: coq-au-vin version 0.3
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 14:49:51 -0700

After a quiet few months, I'm pleased to announce a new release of my
Coq au Vin blogware (available as a chicken egg). Release 0.3 does not
introduce any major new features; it is focused mainly on making a
more robust and secure product. I have made the following changes:

*  Moved the FastCGI interface from the examples collection to the core library.

* HTTP response generation is now done with intarweb.

* Secured resources, such as the article edit form, are now accessible
via HTTPS only (with strict TLS enforced).

* Session cookies have been made more secure with the addition of the
'Secure' and 'HttpOnly' parameters.

Thanks to Thomas Hintz for some valuable security tips.

Also, the code architecture is still a tangled mess. I am starting to
have an idea of how to fix that, but it may be another 2 or 3 releases
before that idea is clear enough to implement.

QUESTIONS or COMMENTS?

Please take advantage of the following resources:

Coq au Vin blog: http://coq-au-vin.sapparicms.org/
Issue tracker: https://github.com/mgushee/coq-au-vin/issues
Discussion group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/coq-au-vin-blogware

Part of the reason I set up the Google group is that ultimately I
intend Coq au Vin to fit into the niche of
'cool-software-that-happens-to-be-programmed-in-scheme' rather than
'great-tools-for-scheme-programmers'. So the group is targeted at the
Coq au Vin user community (which doesn't really exist yet, but when it
does will likely include people who are not Scheme programmers). I'm
happy to answer questions either way, but if your question is likely
to be of interest to Coq au Vin users who are not Schemers, I would
strongly encourage you to ask it on the Google group.

Thanks for your interest!