Re: [Chicken-users] 4.8.0.5 syntax weirdness

From: Sandra Snan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 4.8.0.5 syntax weirdness
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 15:22:04 +0100

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:54:03 +0100, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 01:26:08PM +0100, Sandra Snan wrote:
> > Dear chicken-users;
> > I have a simple program that does most of its heavy lifting at compile
> > time.
> >
> > To demonstrate the issue, I've written two stubs (as simple as I could
> > make them but still show the issue I'm having).

(I realized after sending that one of the stubs could randomly generate
a list without any “friendly” strings. The full program is
deterministic, it just needs to trawl through a lot of data.)

> The above program uses the procedures provided by the "s" egg at
> expansion time, so you need to load and import them at the syntax level:

Thank you so much, Peter.

> (begin-for-syntax (use s))

Unfortunately, this gives me
“Error: unbound variable: use”

> Or, in newer CHICKENs:
>
> (use-for-syntax s)

and this gives me “Error: unbound variable: use-for-syntax”

Sandra