Re: [Chicken-users] 4.8.0.5 syntax weirdness

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 4.8.0.5 syntax weirdness
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 20:08:45 +0100

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 07:37:36PM +0100, Sandra Snan wrote:
> I couldn't quite get this to work:
>
> It still can't find s-contains.
> If I move the entire (define-syntax create-tickets ...) sexp to the end
> of begin-for-syntax, it can't find create-tickets when called later.

This is unfortunate: I just tested your code and it works with 4.8.4, but
not with 4.8.0.5.  Most likely this was a large change we considered too
"dangerous" to include in the stability branch.  I'm not sure which of
the many changes it was that fixed this.

I'm afraid your only options are to stick with 4.7.0 or use the
4.8.4 development snapshot (or git master) until 4.9.0 has been
released. The good news is that both the development snapshot and
master should be pretty stable since we're this close to a release.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://www.more-magic.net