Re: [Chicken-users] chicken 4.8.0.5 on Cygwin - static build

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken 4.8.0.5 on Cygwin - static build
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 22:28:39 +0200

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 04:20:19PM -0400, Claude Marinier wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Mar 2014, Claude Marinier wrote:
> >Does anyone know how to compile a static program under Cygwin? It cannot
> >find a library; the name may be "cygchicken0.a" (I switched back to debian
> >and cannot remember exactly).
>
> Here is better information.
>
> The command and error are
>   $ csc -deploy -static-libs -o sJoy sJoy.scm -L -lcygwin
>   gcc: error: /usr/local/lib/cygchicken-0.a: No such file or directory
>
> The file /usr/local/lib/cygchicken-0.dll exists.

There is no Makefile rule to build cygchicken-0.a, so it can't
be installed.  It simply isn't available.

To make this work, you would have to try and write a rule based on
the cychicken-0.dll rule.  I don't understand any of the plethora of
flags it passes to the linker, so you'd have to figure that out first.

Regarding the parley problem, have you tried CHICKEN from git master?

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://www.more-magic.net