Re: [Chicken-users] chicken 4.8.3 on MinGW

From: Claude Marinier
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken 4.8.3 on MinGW
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 19:04:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2014, Peter Bex wrote:
On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 11:08:35PM -0400, Claude Marinier wrote:
Hi,

I am happily using Chicken Scheme 4.8.3 on MS Windows 7 and Vista. The
key is reading the README file and the helpful web page.

There is one problem: make check fails as follows. Note that I built from
a Windows command prompt like this.

  mingw32-make PLATFORM=mingw PREFIX=C:/Chicken
  mingw32-make PLATFORM=mingw PREFIX=C:/Chicken install
  chicken-install numbers

All those work without error and I can compile and run my application.

Hi Claude,

Thanks for your report.  Have you tried a git master build?  We recently
fixed this bug, but there's no dev snapshot in which it is fixed yet.
It should be fixed in 4.9.0 as well.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://www.more-magic.net

Hi,

I am willing to try this. One question: Is it possible to do all the work from a MS Windows command prompt or should I do some of the work on Linux?

Thanks.

--
Claude Marinier