[Chicken-users] storing the build/compile date in the program

From: Claude Marinier
Subject: [Chicken-users] storing the build/compile date in the program
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 12:12:27 -0400

Bonjour,

I am wondering if it is possible to automatically store the build date (or compilation date) in the executable. Google did not help me today; either it's upset with me or I have wandered off the beaten path.

Context - I build a hash table with procedures when the program launches and am considering serializing it so I don't have to do it again. As a sanity check, I would like to ensure the saved hash table is more recent than the program image (maybe even add a fingerprint).

Merci.

--
Claude Marinier