Re: [Chicken-users] Travis CI

From: Hugo Arregui
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Travis CI
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 20:56:30 -0300

Hi Mario,

Sorry for the late response!.

Instead of just running "chicken-install -test", you can install
salmonella and run it.  It'll perform some extra checks that
chicken-install doesn't.  In case you run salmonella, you'll probably
also want to run "salmonella-log-viewer salmonella.log" to show details
of the build/test steps.

Excellent advice!

If you want to use that infrastructure to test your project, it's just a
matter of adding it to the official coop.  It'll be automatically added
to the daily test procedure.  New eggs are aways welcome!

Thanks!, I think I will. Nevertheless, I was thinking on Travis as another instance of testing, as is build every time you push, you can
catch some mistakes before the coop tests run (that is why I don't
care too much about the old chicken version). Or maybe also prior to
release it as an egg.

P.S.: sorry for the spiffy-request-vars bug. :-)  Fixing it is in my
TODO list.

Haha, you never miss a thing!. If its for me, please don't bother
to fix it, is an old version and I don't need it.

Regards,
Hugo