Re: [Chicken-users] [Chicken-hackers] CHICKEN 4.9.0rc1 is available

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [Chicken-hackers] CHICKEN 4.9.0rc1 is available
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 22:09:05 +0200

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 10:23:42PM +0000, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:
> Hi Michele,
>
> Many thanks.  Attached is your patch signed-off (tested on Linux).

Hi guys,

Thanks for your efforts.  Unfortunately, this patch breaks the mingw-msys
build.  The msys tools all require a "faux Unix" path, like /c/mingw
rather than a Windows-style path like c:/mingw or c:\mingw.

We define TEST_DIR as `pwd -W`, which prints out a Windows-style path
because this value is passed to programs, which use them in system calls
(which are not emulated by mingw, so must be native paths).

Could you try the attached patch instead?  I've tested it on Debian
(with zsh and csh), OpenIndiana, Haiku, Cygwin and Mingw-msys.

What shell is Solaris really using?  I would like to make my OpenIndiana
mimick the "real" Solaris as much as possible (I'd install Solaris but
I didn't manage to get it installed in a VM.  And downloading it is a
royal pain, too).  I checked, but "sh" in OpenIndiana is ksh, which also
knows about ${PWD}.  Even csh seems to support ${PWD}.  So it appears
it's not exactly a bashism, but rather an extremely common extension to
POSIX sh.  So knowing exactly what Solaris uses for a shell would be
very helpful.

Cheers,
Peter
--