Re: [Chicken-users] bug update-uri in uri-common

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] bug update-uri in uri-common
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 23:42:15 +0200

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 11:37:53PM +0200, Kristian Lein-Mathisen wrote:
> A, of course, now I understand what you were trying to tell me previously.
> That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying, Peter.

Glad my ramblings were helpful!

> In my particular use-case, I am changing to a custom scheme and this "port
> clear on scheme change" feature made me scratch my head for a while (but
> that happens quite often, so is no indicator if whether the api is
> intuitive or not!). So if we were to vote, it'd put my two cents on not
> modifying the port unless explicitly stated (if it's already #f it's still
> work like you'd expect).

You're probably right, it's an example of "more magic" (the bad kind!).
But this is a breaking change, so I'll have to think about it for a bit.

If anyone on this mailinglist has strong opinions either way, please let
yourselves be heard: now's the time to speak up.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://www.more-magic.net