Re: [Chicken-users] new egg: nrepl

From: Alaric Snell-Pym
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] new egg: nrepl
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 13:38:33 +0100

On 21/05/14 13:26, Kristian Lein-Mathisen wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've created a very simple egg that exposes a simple REPL over TCP
> connections. I've called it nrepl. Naming conflicts with Clojure's
> deprecated nrepl hopefully won't be a problem.
>
> I'm thinking this may be handy enough for debugging that it might be
> part of the official egg index. Have a look here:
>
> https://github.com/Adellica/chicken-nrepl

I like it. I've wanted one of these for ages, but never gotten around to
writing my own.

Feature request: parameterize what it uses for "eval" so people can
supply special environments, sandbox, sanity-check the sexprs, log them,
etc. with suitable wrapping procedures :-)

TLS support, and an optional "connection authentication" parameterized
procedure to handle a login process (given the tcp socket on
current-input/output-port and able to return #t to continue or #f to
close the connection and abort), would be the next feature request for
use in less trusted environments!

> Thanks!
> K.

Good work that man,