Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling Chicken-compiled-to-C file.c does not link

From: Nikos Vasilakis
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling Chicken-compiled-to-C file.c does not link
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 12:10:03 -0400

Hi Christian,

thank you, this helped a lot! Using chicken source from
version4.8.0.6, and compiling with

gcc -static -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -DHAVE_CHICKEN_CONFIG_H \
          runtime.c library.c eval.c expand.c build-version.c  \
          modules.c array1.c  -o array1 -lm

I get only

/tmp/cc1VeOX9.o: In function `C_apply':
runtime.c:(.text+0x2306e): undefined reference to `_C_do_apply_hack'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

which is much much better than previous results. Any clues about
_C_do_apply_hack?

(4.8.0.6's runtime.c does have a `extern void _C_do_apply_hack(void
*proc, C_word *args, int count) C_noret;` line)

(I will also try with version 4.9, now attempting Wiffel's solution)

Thanks,
Nikos