Re: [Chicken-users] Live programming with Chicken

From: Daniel Leslie
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Live programming with Chicken
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 08:34:27 -0700

Unless I missed a radical change in Chicken, its SRFI-18 threads are green threads and not real system threads. As a result, blocking operations will block all threads and no real gain is had from the hardware's support for multithreading.

Because of those issues I suggest avoiding SRFI-18 threads altogether. They aren't worth the hassle.

-Dan