Re: [Chicken-users] [Chicken-hackers] [Scheme-reports] R7RS-small draft

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [Chicken-hackers] [Scheme-reports] R7RS-small draft ratified by Steering Committee
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 13:41:38 -0400

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> That's still a lot more than provide 1+ out of the box (do any other
> than Guile?).

Provide `1+` but not `add1`:  MIT, Guile, SCM, XLisp, Rep, Elk, FemtoLisp,
Inlab.

Provide `add1` but not `1+`:  Racket, Chicken, SISC, Vicare, IronScheme,
RScheme, SXM.

Provide both: Chez, Sizzle.

So as far as counting Schemes go, it's a wash; but since almost the
beginning of this process I have adopted the rule "witnesses should be
weighed, not counted."

> > See <http://trac.sacrideo.us/wg/wiki/PlusOneEx> for details.
>
> You tested the wrong thing - the original question was about
> 1+, then 1+x was brought up, not +1x.

I actually tested the right thing, but reported it wrongly.  (Post in
haste, repent at leisure.)  In any case, the tests for 1+ are now merged
in and some errors corrected.  We are stuck with the wrong page name,
though.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
But the next day there came no dawn, and the Grey Company passed on