Re: [Chicken-users] New leveldb eggs

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] New leveldb eggs
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 10:31:43 -0400

Caolan McMahon scripsit:

> I'm hoping to write (or encourage someone else to write) a memory-only
> implementation of the 'level' API, which would be useful for testing
> or other circumstances where you want to use a module written to the
> 'level' interface without persisting data.

It would be trivial to layer this on top of the rb-tree egg.  Since
all is in memory, you don't have to bother with the subtleties of
constructing a "proper" lazy sequence: just use fold(i) to get an
ordinary list and then use list->lazy-seq.

The only issue is that the rb-tree egg is GPL3, but that shouldn't
matter for testing purposes.  You could also ask the author, Ivan Raikov,
for a license exception.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
"Why yes, I'm ten percent Jewish on my manager's side."