Re: [Chicken-users] Wiki design

From: Arthur Maciel
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Wiki design
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 16:08:16 -0300

Attached follows a correction on chicken.css that handles the order in menu vs content divs on paste.call-cc.org.

So the only changes I propose are adding menu to tests. and salmonella{...}.call-cc.org.

And if more people like it, some testing on many platforms would be appreciated. Here I can only test on linux mint with firefox and chrome.

Best wishes,
Arthur

I know this isn't the best comment after pasting a change proposal, but in my overall appreciation of our site I really think it is ugly and deserves a *real* web designer to take care of it. Probably changing color and font scheme would be of high priority to me. The actual design doesn't look professional to me and this project deserves a professional face.

Best wishes,
Arthur

Dear ones, I changed again CHICKEN wiki design. It is simpler than the one I've pasted before, because I've only changed the chicken.css file. I can't do any further without changing the wiki HTML generation.

Unfortunately I had to put a min-width property on <body>, because the HTML generated for the search box and specific links for wiki edit is not included in a single <div>. So when I shrink the browser window size, they overlap. The min-width is currently the default behaviour.

There are some caveats and it would be really great if someone more experinced than me (and authorized to do so) could correct them:
- code.call-cc.org doesn't include the search bar and the specific-links for wiki edit.
- salmonella and tests.call-cc.org don't include the default menu nor the search bar and specific links for wiki edit.

After correcting these stuff the next step is to replace chicken.css with the one provided in /wiki.call-cc.org/chicken.css.

I'm not an experienced web designer so I apologize for the ugly code. ATM the code Just Works and there should be caution when applying it.
Best wishes,
Arthur

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:25:34 +0100 Christian Kellermann <address@hidden> wrote:

> * Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden> [140213 21:40]:
>> On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 18:26:49 -0200 Arthur Maciel <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> > Mario, is there some Salmonella 'best' sample page I should take a
>> > look at? Maybe in two weeks I could try to fit the CSS and avoid some
>> > problems.
>>
>> Recently there have not been changes in the salmonella reports/diffs
>> layout.  You can see them here, for example:
>>
>> http://salmonella-linux-x86.call-cc.org/master-debugbuild/gcc/linux/x86/2014/02/13/salmonella-report/
>> http://salmonella-linux-x86.call-cc.org/master-debugbuild/gcc/linux/x86/2014/02/13/yesterday-diff/
>>
>> There's also http://paste.call-cc.org/,  http://code.call-cc.org/ and
>> http://www.call-cc.org/, as far as I remember.
>
> paste.call-cc.org uses the same css resource as the wiki IIRC.

Yeah.  I mean all the aforementioned sites use the same css as the wiki.

Best wishes.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario