[Chicken-users] Macros and loading compiled code

From: alex
Subject: [Chicken-users] Macros and loading compiled code
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 00:01:54 -0700

Hi,

I defined a macro. I compiled it separately and built it into my main program. When my main program calls the load procedure on normal Scheme source files, the procedures in these files use the macro without complaint.

However, when it loads the dynamic object code created from compiling those same source files, I get an error about an "unbound value" in a subexpression of a macro expression. This seems to be because the macro expressions are being evaluated as normal procedure applications. If I insert the macro definition verbatim into each source file before I compile it, the errors do not occur.

I tried passing both the source file and the macro definition file as input to the compiler. The errors remain. What else can I do to ensure that the dynamic object code knows about the macro definition?

--Alex