Re: [Chicken-users] Parsing Simple Markup

From: Yves Cloutier
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Parsing Simple Markup
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 08:03:11 -0400

Wow...that is just perfect...suddenly I'm in love with Scheme :)

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 8:01 AM, Andy Bennett <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

> Actually due to the possible presence of nested commands, it should
> probably be something more generic, since in the last example:
>
> (bold (smallcap (size 2 "text")))
>
> what the procedure 'bold' would be taking in is not a string "text", but
> rather an _expression_...so this is where I guess things would need to be
> recursive.

The evaluation rules will evaluate things in the "correct" order. So
(size 2 "text") will be evaluated first, then (smallcap <>) and then
(bold <>). It's deliberately unspecified in which order 2 or "text" will
be evaluated in.

Regards,
@ndy

--