Re: [Chicken-users] How to avoid srfi-13 bindings when using the slime e

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] How to avoid srfi-13 bindings when using the slime egg?
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:03:53 +0200

* Sven Hartrumpf <address@hidden> [141023 19:41]:
> If I install the slime egg and start chicken-slime from inside Emacs,
> the REPL has bindings for SRFI-13 names, e.g.
>
> ; SLIME 2014-10-10
> CSI> (string-count "abc" #\a)
> 1
>
> Can this be avoided (because this conflicts with
> definitions in other projects)?

The swank egg has some design flaws. For example all eval calls
happen in the same environment as the module which in turn needs
srfi-13. I don't think this can be fixed easily. It can probably
be mitigated by prefixing all imports in the slime module by some
prefix so at least it won't confuse the user code that easily.

But then which should be prefixed? Maybe for your use case you will
get away with prefixing srfi-13.

I can add that to the egg if it helps as the original author does
not seem to maintain it anymore.

HTH,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.