Re: [Chicken-users] file-separator, path-separator

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] file-separator, path-separator
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 18:22:32 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014, Sascha Ziemann wrote:

[...]
what is the Chicken equivalent of Java's File.separator [...] and File.pathSeparator:
[...]

Hello Sascha,

as far as I know, the CHICKEN core library doesn't provide equivalent definitions and the code you included in your mail to define those variables looks fine to me.

However, there is an egg for file path manipulations which defines the parameters you are looking for as well as several procedures for the analysis and synthesis of path strings:

  http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/filepath

Ciao,
Thomas