[Chicken-users] Visual Studio is here

From: Oleg Kolosov
Subject: [Chicken-users] Visual Studio is here
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 19:01:44 +0300

Hello!

Considering that Visual Studio 2013 is now essentially free
(http://www.visualstudio.com/products/visual-studio-community-vs) I’m taking
the opportunity to announce again that I’m working on a version of CHICKEN
Scheme which can be compiled with it (with the help of CMake).

There are few other changes not supported by the CHICKEN developers. Roughly,
the current agenda is:

 - make the code more approachable to an occasional contributor
 - replace the scheduler and posix support code with libuv facilities
 - better cross-compilation support
 - source level debugging
 - more usable profiler

You are welcome to follow/fork me on github:

https://github.com/bazurbat/chicken-scheme
https://github.com/bazurbat/chicken-eggs

--
Regards, Oleg