Re: [Chicken-users] Visual Studio is here

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Visual Studio is here
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 17:07:31 +0100

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 07:01:44PM +0300, Oleg Kolosov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Considering that Visual Studio 2013 is now essentially free
> (http://www.visualstudio.com/products/visual-studio-community-vs) I’m taking
> the opportunity to announce again that I’m working on a version of CHICKEN
> Scheme which can be compiled with it (with the help of CMake).
>
> There are few other changes not supported by the CHICKEN developers. Roughly,
> the current agenda is:
>
>  - make the code more approachable to an occasional contributor
>  - replace the scheduler and posix support code with libuv facilities
>  - better cross-compilation support
>  - source level debugging
>  - more usable profiler
>
> You are welcome to follow/fork me on github:
>
> https://github.com/bazurbat/chicken-scheme
> https://github.com/bazurbat/chicken-eggs

Hello Oleg,

I applaud your efforts to make CHICKEN work better under Windows.
However, I took a look at your fork and it looks like you're making
various sweeping changes.  Do you have a plan for making the merge
back into CHICKEN core, or are you intending to maintain a real fork?

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://www.more-magic.net