[Chicken-users] Enhancement request for the trace egg

From: Matt Welland
Subject: [Chicken-users] Enhancement request for the trace egg
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 13:51:06 -0700

I have two enhancement/suggestions for the trace egg:

1. Adding the line highlighted below to trace.scm gives me information on were the call was made, something I find very useful.
2. With huge or hierarchal data structures trace output gets annoyingly long. A mechanism for triming the output would be helpful.

(define (traced-procedure-entry name args)
  (let ((port (trace-output-port)))
    (trace-indent)
    (set! *trace-indent-level* (fx+ 1 *trace-indent-level*))
    (write (cons name args) port)
    (write ", Called from: " port)
    (write (conc (car (reverse (get-call-chain)))))
    (write-char #\newline port)
    (flush-output port) ) )

Thanks,
--