[Chicken-users] IDE for Beginners

From: mfv
Subject: [Chicken-users] IDE for Beginners
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 14:08:06 +0100

Hi there,

I am currently using Sublime Text 2 with Sublime REPL to fool around with
Chicken Scheme. It does not work perfect, but until now it has been the best
solution apart from using the REPL in the command prompt in Windows 7.

However, it seems that sublimeREPL can not handle larger data structures. I
froze once I read it a 20 kB cvs file.

I have fooled around with a couple of other editors that have a REPL
functionality, notably LightTable and Emacs. I liked the first option a lot,
and was definatly overwhelmed bu the second. Emacs might be extremely usful,
but I do not plan to learn all those crypting commands to learn to write and
REPL some scheme code.

Is there a simplified version of EMACS with an installer for Windows based
systems?

What light weight REPL-IDE solution do you use except Emacs? Windows Power
Shell (this was a joke.. )?

Any nice guides on how to set up ST2/SublimeREPL properly?

Cheers,

  Piotr