Re: [Chicken-users] How to fix chicken compiler (csc) to fix options for

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] How to fix chicken compiler (csc) to fix options for the invoked C compiler?
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 09:39:47 +0100

Joe Python <address@hidden> writes:

> How to fix csc to generate the right options for static compilation of
> executables?
> Is there a file we can modify before compiling chicken itself to fix the
> compilation options for Oracle Solaris?
> I don't think this is in the Solaris Makefile.

Unfortunately not; this is added in csc.scm like this:

(define (linker-options)
  (string-append
   (string-intersperse
    (append linking-optimization-options link-options))
   (if (and static (not mingw) (not osx)) " -static" "") ) )

So, we either could make that a variable which is defined in the
Makefile or add another special case for solaris there.

I think I'd go with the former. As a quick fix for you, you could just
change that "-static" to the preferred option.

Kind regards,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.