Re: [Chicken-users] Strange behavior of Chicken Scheme interpreter on Wi

From: Oleg Kolosov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Strange behavior of Chicken Scheme interpreter on Windows 7
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 18:34:21 +0300

On 06 Dec 2014, at 13:16, address@hidden wrote:

> 1. PREFIX looks to be mandatory in Chicken and is an absolute path
> 2. I want to package everything in an archive file which will be in different
> places on different computers
>
> Do you think it can work out-of-the-box playing with environment variables?
> What will be the restrictions?
>
> Regards,
> Pascal

I’ve not followed the thread, but it seems that the environment variable
CHICKEN_PREFIX is the thing you are looking for.

PREFIX sets the default at compilation time.

You may also need to set CHICKEN_REPOSITORY if it is not located at
CHICKEN_PREFIX/lib/chicken/<version>.

Adding CHICKEN_PREFIX/bin to PATH may also be needed. In short, something like:

@echo off
set CHICKEN_PREFIX=%CD%
set CHICKEN_REPOSITORY=%CHICKEN_PREFIX%\lib\chicken\7
set PATH=%CHICKEN_PREFIX%\bin;%PATH%

Save this as setenv.bat in your portable installation dir, cd into it when
needed and run setenv.bat.

--
Regards, Oleg
Art System