Re: [Chicken-users] Why there is no "nil"?

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Why there is no "nil"?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:48:37 +0100

Hi Bahman,

I just thought I'd add that the only thing that evaluates to false in Scheme is #f.

K.

On Dec 17, 2014 9:42 AM, "Christian Kellermann" <address@hidden> wrote:
* Bahman Movaqar <address@hidden> [141217 09:35]:
> I'm curious to know why "nil" is not defined in CHICKEN and one has to
> use '() instead? TIA,
>
> PS: Or am I missing something ridiculously obvious!?

This is scheme not lisp. nil is not defined in R5RS scheme.
And I think it is not defined in R6RS or R7RS either.

Kind regards,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.