Re: [Chicken-users] Installing hypergiant on macosx fails.

From: Alex Charlton
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Installing hypergiant on macosx fails.
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 09:03:09 -0500

Hi Mark,

If you already have GLFW (version 3+) installed,

Gil Mizrahi writes:

> try using `chicken-install -r glfw3` to get the source for the glfw3 egg.
> then open `glfw3.setup` and change `-lglfw` on line 12 to `-glfw3` and try to
> install using `chicken-install`

It’s just as Gil said. I’m trying to figure out why my GLFW on OS X seemingly
installed as libglfw and not libglfw3 as some have reported, so that I can best
adjust the setup file. If you can, let me know how you installed GLFW and what
name the resulting library file has.

Gil’s also right about soil not working correctly. You’ll have to install the
version from my GitHub for now:

https://github.com/AlexCharlton/soil-egg

Hyperscene also has a bug that seems to manifest itself most strongly on OS X,
that I’m also working on right now. You’ll be able to run most things, but
somewhat complex scenes will segfault XD

Thanks for giving Hypergiant a try! I apologize for the inconveniences, but
they should be resolved soon!

--
Alex